Thursday, February 21, 2008

Election is coming soon!

Malaysian parliment was dissolved on the 13th Feb, the 7th day of the Chinese New Year and coming this Sunday 24th Feb, it will be the day for candidates nomination. Each day newspapers without fail are fully covered by the election-related news. These few days has been intense with potential candidates jostling for seats plus a few sensational news like DAP's Fong Po Kuan declining to contest in the general election due to the internal bickering.

As for me, this will be my 2nd time going for polling. I had my 1st polling experience in 2004. I still remembered on that day, i went to the polling center which is just a 5 minute walk from my house together with my parent and sister. Of course, just before the entrance, various parties workers were there trying to get your support to vote for their respective candidates.

The whole polling process just took a few minutes and after that, we walked home together to have our lunch. I guess this year will be the same. Happy election!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Feed Shark